Joseph and Mary head to Bethlehem, city of David and Joseph, to register. While they were there, Mary gives birth to her son. Jesus is born in Bethlehem. There it is placed in a manger, because there was no place for him in the house. The pastors are the first to receive and welcome the Good News of the Savior of humanity. Salvation is born among the people and comes from God, through Jesus: it is for all. By celebrating Christmas, let us join our voice in the heavenly choir and together we sing "glory to God in the heights and peace on earth to those he loves."
Adapted by Flávio.
1. Cantai ao Senhor Deus um canto novo, † cantai ao Senhor Deus, ó terra inteira! / Cantai e bendizei seu santo nome!
2. Dia após dia anunciai sua salvação, † manifestai a sua glória entre as nações / e, entre os povos do universo, seus prodígios!
3. O céu se rejubile e exulte a terra, / aplauda o mar com o que vive em suas águas; / os campos com seus frutos rejubilem, / e exultem as florestas e as matas.
4. Na presença do Senhor, pois ele vem, / porque vem para julgar a terra inteira. / Governará o mundo todo com justiça, / e os povos julgará com lealdade.
Today he was born to us / the Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
1. Sing to the Lord God a new song, † sing to the Lord God, O whole land! / Sing and blessed your holy name!
2. Day after day announce your salvation, † manifest their glory among the nations / and, among the peoples of the universe, their wonders!
3. Heaven rejoices and rejoices in the earth, /applauds the sea with what lives in its waters; / the fields with their fruits rejoice, / and exult the forests and forests.
4. In the presence of the Lord, for he comes, /because he comes to judge the whole earth. / Will rule the whole world fairly, / and people will judge with loyalty.
Traçando o sinal da cruz em seu/ua filho/a: Abençoe a você (nome do filho/a), nosso Deus que é † Pai, Filho e Espírito Santo, para que você filho/a viva sempre no amor de Deus e fazendo só o bem a todos. Amém!
By tracing the sign of the cross on your son/daughter: Bless you (name of child), our God who is † father, son, and holy spirit, for you child alive always in love of God and doing good to all. Amen!